Thursday, March 26, 2015

MY OVERSEAS TRIP

                           MY OVERSEAS TRIP


On the 13th of April my big trip started. Mum and me flew out from Auckland then we arrived at Kuala Lumpar. We swapped planes and we were on the biggest plane ever, an airbus which took us over to London. I really enjoyed watching the cool movies but didn’t really enjoy the food we got. It was such a long way on the plane didn’t sleep too good either.

When we arrived in London we had a couple of days there to have a look around. We did the famous Red Bus Tour, which took us to all the sights around London. We sat up on the top deck which was cool and you got a good look at everything thing. We stopped at Buckingham Palace but the Queen wasn’t home. We watched the guards and they were standing so still. I saw Big Ben, it was so big and it had gold shinning on it. I even got to hear it chime. The next day we went for a cruise down the River Thames, there were heaps of tourists on our boat. It was good to leave London, as it was such a busy city.

We then got on the train up to Edinburgh, to see Scottish Grandad and Uncle Graham. We visited so many of places. I liked going to see Edinburgh Castle and I saw the Scottish Crown Jewels. Scottish Grandad took us to Deep Sea World and we got to see the Forth Bridges. I even found grey squirrels at the Princes Street gardens, they were so cute.  I also enjoyed going to Camera Obscure, there were so many weird and wacky things to do, mirror maze and 3d effects it was awesome.

For the last few days left of my trip mum took me on the train up to her hometown Thurso. We stayed with her good friend Tracey. We went for a drive about to show me around to John O Groats and Dunnet Head which is at the very top of Scotland. On our last night we took her dog Georgy a walk down to the river then we went to see Thurso Castle which is now just a ruin.
Then we got all our things packed up as we then had to head back down to Heathrow to get our flight back to New Zealand.
P.S the UK is the best place in the world I have ever been



By Nikki Mckinnon.


Age 11

3 comments: